- Soprano saxophonist Sidney Bechet records “When a Soprano Meets a Piano” with Martial Solal, 1957.
- Clarinetist Tony Scott born 1921 in Morristown, NJ.
- The Thad Jones-Mel Lewis Jazz Orchestra records Central Park North, 1969.
- Drummer/bandleader Ray McKinley born 1910 in Fort Worth, TX.
- 1956 Metronome All Stars, including bassist Charles Mingus, trumpeter Thad Jones, alto saxophonist Lee Konitz, and drummer Art Blakey, records.
- Tenor saxophonist Jimmy Heath records A New Face with pianist Tommy Flanagan, 1985.
- Vocalist Dave Lambert born 1917 in Boston, MA.
- Pianist John Hicks records Impressions of Mary Lou (Williams), 1998.
- Vocalist Carmen McCrae records “If Love Were All,” 1957.
- Pianist Bill Evans is featured on the recording of George Russell’s “All About Rosie,” 1957.
- Saxophonist/bass clarinetist Eric Dolphy born 1928 in Los Angeles, CA.
- Saxophonist Benny Carter records “Waltzing The Blues,” 1936.
- Pianist Eric Reed born 1970 in Philadelphia, PA.
- Pianist Les McCann records Swiss Movement at the Montreux Jazz Festival, 1969.
- Troy Floyd And His Plaza Hotel Orchestra record “Dreamland Blues,” 1929.
- Drummer Ben Pollack born 1903 in Chicago, IL.
- Percussionist Ray Mantilla born 1934 in New York, NY.
- Tenor saxophonist Sonny Rollins records “Blue 7,” 1956.
- Composer George Russell born 1923 in Cincinnati, OH.
- Saxophonist/flutist Sahib Shihab born 1925 in Savannah, GA.
- Just Jazz with Red Norvo records “Body and Soul,” 1947.
Source: Smithsonian Jazz