- Bassist Charnett Moffett born 1967 in New York, NY.
- Pianist Erroll Garner records “Frankie and Johnny,” 1947, with bassist Red Callender and drummer Hal ‘Doc’ West.
- Trombonist Dicky Wells born 1907 in Centerville, TN.
- Pianist Fats Waller records “I Ain’t Got Nobody” piano solo, 1937.
- Pianists George Shearing, John Lewis, and Dave McKenna record A Tribute to Bill Evans, 1981.
- Drummer Shelly Manne born 1920 in New York, NY.
- Pianist/composer Chick Corea born 1941 in Chelsea, MA.
- Pianist Geri Allen born 1957 in Pontiac, MI.
- Tenor saxophonist Dexter Gordon records “Bikini,” 1947.
- Trumpeter Doc Cheatham born 1905 in Nashville, TN.
- Louis Armstrong and The Mills Brothers record “The Song Is Ended,” 1938.
- Trumpeter Dizzy Gillespie records “A Night in Tunisia” with Boyd Raeburn’s band, 1944.
- Bassist John Simmons born 1918 in Haskell, OK.
- Bandleader/drummer Chick Webb makes his first recording, “Dog Bottom,” as a bandleader, 1929.
- Vibraphonist Bobby Hutcherson records Components with trumpeter Freddie Hubbard, pianist Herbie Hancock, bassist Ron Carter, 1965.
- Pianist Jaki Byard born 1922 in Worcester, MA.
- Pianist Erroll Garner born 1921 in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Jimmie Lunceford’s band records Sy Oliver’s “For Dancers Only,” 1937.
- Saxophonist Lucky Thompson born 1924 in Columbia, SC.
- Pianist Albert Dailey born 1939 in Baltimore, MD.
- Trumpeter Tom Harrell born 1946 in Urbana, IL.
Source: Smithsonian Jazz