- Horace Silver records "Moon Rays," 1958.
- Guitarist Danny Barker born 1909 in New Orleans, LA.
- Trombonist/arranger Melba Liston born 1926 in Kansas City, MO.
- Trumpeter Kenny Wheeler born 1930 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Bessie Smith records "St. Louis Blues," 1925, with Louis Armstrong on cornet.
- Drummer/vocalist Grady Tate born 1932 in Durham, NC.
- Drummer Gene Krupa born 1909 in Chicago, IL.
- Baritone saxophonist Gerry Mulligan records "What Is There To Say" with Art Farmer, 1959.
- Trumpeter Baikida Carroll born 1947 in St. Louis, MO.
- Benny Goodman's Carnegie Hall Concert, 1938.
- Vocalist Ivie Anderson born 1905 in Gilroy, CA.
- Ahmad Jamal Trio records At the Pershing with bassist Israel Crosby and drummer Vernel Fournier, 1958.
- Pianist Cedar Walton born 1934 in Dallas, TX.
- Drummer Sid Catlett born 1910 in Evansville, IN.
- Pianist Nat "King" Cole’s Trio records "Body and Soul," 1944.
- First Esquire Jazz Concert at Metropolitan Opera House, 1944.
- Trumpeter Clifford Brown records With Strings, 1955.
- Saxophonist Steve Grossman born 1951 in New York, NY.
- Jack Teagarden records the music of Willard Robison with Bob Brookmeyer’s band, 1962.
- Bassist Israel Crosby born 1919 in Chicago, IL.
- Pianist Horace Parlan born 1931 in Pittsburgh, PA.
Source: Smithsonian Jazz