- Bassist Niels-Henning Ørsted Pedersen born 1946 in Osted, Denmark.
- Pianist Gonzalo Rubalcaba born 1963 in Havana, Cuba.
- Vocalist Dee Dee Bridgewater born 1950 in Memphis, TN.
- Pianist/composer Reginald Forsythe born 1907 in London, England.
- Bandleader Andy Kirk born 1898 in Newport, KY.
- Pianist Russ Freeman born Chicago, IL, 1926.
- Drummer Kenny Washington born 1958 in Staten Island, NY.
- Duke Ellington records Anatomy of a Murder, 1959.
- Pianist Hilton Ruiz born 1952 in New York, NY.
- Saxophonist Frank Trumbauer born 1901 in Carbondale, IL.
- Clarinetist/bandleader Benny Goodman born 1909 in Chicago, IL.
- Trumpeter Sidney DeParis born 1905 in Crawfordsville, IN.
- Saxophonist Otto "Toby" Hardwicke born 1904 in Washington, D.C.
- Two drummers born - Albert "Tootie" Heath 1935 in Philadelphia, PA, and Louis Hayes 1937 in Detroit, MI.
- Pianist Bill Evans records Time Remembered, 1963.
- Saxophonist Hal McKusick born 1924 in Medford, MA.
- Vocalist Billie Holiday records “I’ll Never Be The Same” with a band led by pianist Teddy Wilson, including tenor saxophonist Lester Young, 1937.
- Pianist/composer Thelonious Monk records “Played Twice,” 1959.
- Vocalist Ella Fitzgerald records “Sing Me A Swing Song” with drummer Chick Webb’s band, 1936.
- Pianist Marty Napoleon born 1921 in New York, NY.
- Multi reedman Eric Dolphy records “Last Date in Hilversum,” The Netherlands, 1964.
Source: Smithsonian Jazz