- Pianist/arranger Jimmy Jones born 1918 in Memphis, TN.
- Trumpeter Dizzy Gillespie records “Manteca,” with percussionist Chano Pozo, 1947.
- Duke Ellington records “The Clothed Woman,” 1947.
- Trumpeter Jonah Jones born 1909 in Louisville, KY.
- Bassist John Kirby born 1908 in Baltimore, MD.
- Vibraphonist Milt Jackson born 1923 in Detroit, MI.
- Pianist Albert Ammons records "Shout for Joy," 1939."
- Bassist Al McKibbon born 1919 in Chicago, IL.
- Drummer Nick Fatool born 1915 in Milbury, MA.
- Gene Krupa records "Blue Rhythm Fantasy," 1940.
- Vocalist Arthur Prysock born 1929 in Spartanburg, SC.
- Count Basie records Blues In The Dark, featuring vocalist Jimmy Rushing, 1938.
- Pianist/composer Herbie Nichols born 1919 in New York, NY.
- Alto saxophonist John Jenkins born 1931 in Chicago, IL.
- Trumpeter Frankie Newton born 1906 in Emory, VA.
- Charlie Parker and Dizzy Gillespie record "What's The Matter Now?" with vocalist Rubberlegs Williams, 1945.
- Saxophonist/flutist Frank Wess born 1922 in Kansas City, MO.
- Cornetist "Wild" Bill Davison born 1906 in Defiance, OH.
- In 1959, Trumpeter Blue Mitchell records Out of the Blue with Art Blakey, Wynton Kelly, Benny Goldson and Sam Jones.
- Trumpeter Jerry Gonzalez born 1949 in New York, NY.
Source: Smithsonian Jazz